An exhaust for the hottest of VW's hatchbacks - with options to suit
every taste, and unmatched quality, fitment, performance and tone.
- SwitchPath Exhaust technology offers the perfect combination of well behaved and disobedient tones, all in one system
- Available as SwitchPath Exhaust or the lower priced Track Edition
- Engineered, designed, and manufactured in-house at AWE Tuning
- 200 Cell High Flow EURO 6 compliant HJS Catalyst
- 3" CNC mandrel bent system
- Performance Downpipe available as Resonated or Non-Resonated
- Max gains of 17 hp and 23 ft-lbs of torque at the crank
- Available with 90mm or 102mm double walled adjustable tips, Chrome Silver or Diamond Black
- Hand crafted from T304 stainless steel
- No Check Engine Light - Guaranteed
- Perfect Fitment - Guaranteed
- Featuring the AWE Tuning Lifetime Exhaust Warranty
First, let’s cover the options. We wanted to make sure that the AWE
Tuning Golf R Exhaust Suite had coverage for all sound goals and price
points. Regardless of selection, every AWE Tuning Golf R exhaust boasts
legendary AWE Tuning sound, performance, quality and fitment.
The SwitchPath Exhaust:
AWE Tuning SwitchPath Exhaust Technology is a proprietary solution
that utilizes valves in the exhaust to control tone and volume.
Controlled by a combination of throttle input and engine speed,
SwitchPath technology keeps the Golf R quiet and comfortable while
cruising, but give it the boot and you’ll unlock an aggressive and
exotic exhaust note.
To further hone the tone and performance of your Golf R, we’re
offering both resonated and non-resonated downpipes as well. Both
versions feature our No Check Engine Light Guarantee, Fitment Guarantee,
a unique flex-pipe section to isolate engine movement, and offer our
Lifetime Warranty on the downpipe (one year on the catalyst).
- Resonated Downpipe:
Slightly louder than the stock Golf R downpipe. Featuring our No CEL
Guarantee (even without software) and a sophisticated and distinguished
tone. We recommend our Resonated Downpipes as the best choice for a
refined presence within the Golf R cabin.
- Non-Resonated Downpipe:
Removes the resonator for a more aggressive note and greater volume
than the stock downpipe. Featuring our No CEL Guarantee (even without
software) and a pronounced note. AWE Tuning Non-Resonated Downpipes are
only recommended for Golf R owners who like it loud, and this product
cannot be returned or exchanged based upon sound satisfaction.
Valve Simulators: Why do you need them?
The AWE Tuning SwitchPath Exhaust utilizes the Golf
R's factory valving. But when it comes to the Track Edition, the valves
are eliminated, and the ECU stores what is known as a ‘soft code’ in the
system. While this code is not harmful, who wants it? Enter the AWE
Tuning Electronic Valve Simulators.
These simple devices plug right into the factory
harness in place of the exhaust valves, and prevent any code from ever
being stored in the ECU due to the removal of the exhaust valves. Plug
them in. Start it up. Drive away. That simple. Comes as a set of two.
About the AWE Tuning SwitchPath Remote:
Push-button mood control.
- Open and close exhaust valves with the push of a button from inside the cabin at any time
- Works with stock system, or AWE Tuning SwitchPath Exhaust
- Comes as a set of two remotes with wiring harness, control box and mounting hardware
- Compact design perfect for a keychain or cup holder
- From quiet to aggressive with the tap of a button
- No Check Engine Light - Guaranteed
What it does:
The AWE Tuning SwitchPath Remote and accompanying control
box overrides the factory valving to allow the exhaust valves, whether
it be on the AWE Tuning SwitchPath Exhaust or the stock exhaust, to be
opened or closed manually via the SwitchPath Remote.
How to operate:
With the AWE Tuning SwitchPath Controller installed, the
exhaust valves can be opened by pressing the “On” button found on the
left side of the SwitchPath Remote. To close the exhaust valves simply
press the "Off" button on the right side of the remote.
Please note, the AWE Tuning SwitchPath Remote overrides
the stock valve control, meaning the exhaust must be opened and closed
with the remote as desired.
The AWE Tuning Performance Downpipes are for racing use only.