Four Generations Strong.
Producing an exhaust system for Volkswagens 7th generation GTI was no easy feat. Luckily we already have four generations of GTI under our belts.
Merging decades of experience with hundreds of hours of
prototyping, engineering, dyno testing and daily usage evaluation has
output an exhaust system that is the ultimate compliment to GTI lineage.
With options to go around, this is AWE Tunings finest GTI exhaust to
What may look like a simple design is actually one of our most
comprehensive engineering feats to date. The exhaust is three simple
parts, making it one of the easiest systems to install. The
reconfiguration of the flex pipe on the Performance Downpipe ensures
that stress goes where it should. And no spacers. And no exhaust paste needed. The list goes on. This exhaust offering is something special.
The AWE Tuning MK7 GTI Exhaust Suite:
MK7 Touring Edition Exhaust
intersection of performance and sophistication, the AWE Tuning Touring
Edition produces a civil tone while idling and cruising around, but
give it the boot and unleash a war-cry wail.
- Easy and cost effective change between Touring and Track Editions available
- Handcrafted from 3" and 2.5" U.S.-sourced T304 stainless steel
- Dyno-developed and street-proven on the AWE Tuning in-house MK7 GTI
- 102mm dual tip configuration available in chrome silver and diamond black
- Exhaust is three sections making for the simplest install possible
- Straight-through resonator and muffler
- Engineered, designed and manufactured in-house at AWE Tuning
- AWE Tuning Lifetime Warranty
- AWE Tuning Fitment Guarantee
- AWE Tuning No CEL Guarantee
MK7 Track Edition Exhaust
The AWE Tuning Track Edition Exhaust is for those who want to turn it up to 11. The
Mk7 GTI Track Edition Exhaust takes all of the handcrafted engineering
of the Touring Edition Exhaust, and replaces the resonator with a
straight pipe section for a more aggressive tone (and a more aggressive
price to boot).
Please note: this is a loud system and buyers should be aware. This product cannot be returned or exchanged based upon volume preference. however it can be converted to a Touring Edition. More info on conversions, here.
MK7 Performance Downpipe
A potent max gain of 21 hp and 24 ft-lbs of torque at the crank without software
when mated to the AWE Tuning Touring and Track Edition Exhaust systems.
The AWE Tuning MK7 Performance Downpipe is designed to mate to an AWE
Tuning Exhaust or any other exhaust that bolts to factory locations.
- Max gains of 21hp and 24ft-lbs of torque at the crank without software
- 3" one-piece design with no pre-cat slip joint
- Engineered flex pipe ensures that the downpipe moves with 2.0T engine unlike other systems on the market
- No O2 sensor spacers needed!
- 200 cell high-flow EURO 6 compliant HJS catalyst
- 4.5 lbs lighter than the factory downpipe
- T304 stainless steel construction
- Dyno-developed and street-proven on the AWE Tuning in-house Mk7 GTI
- Engineered, designed and manufactured in-house at AWE Tuning.
- No CEL -- guaranteed
- Perfect fitment -- guaranteed.
- Lifetime Warranty on downpipe, one year warranty on catalyst.
Not sure which combination of AWE Tuning MK7 GTI Products will meet your desired sound levels? This should help:
From civil to disobedient:
- Touring Edition with factory downpipe
- Touring Edition with Performance Downpipe
- Track Edition with factory downpipe
- Track Edition with Performance Downpipe
OMG it's too loud! OMG it's too quiet!
Don't fret. We're going to make it easy for you go from a Track
Edition to a Touring Edition or vice versa if you decide at a later date
to turn it up, or turn it down. Check out our conversion kits to get
the sound just right.
Important Fitment Note
The AWE Tuning Performance Downpipe will not fit right hand drive Mk7 GTIs.
Please note: the AWE Tuning MQB Performance Downpipes are for racing use only.